Everybody knows that one of the worst experiences after becoming an adult is not having your parents to speak on behalf of you when seeing your doctor or the dentist! However, now that you are an adult, it is about time you have a good understanding about your own oral hygiene so you can answer the questions asked, and also ask your dentist in St. Albert the right kind of questions when you visit them.
Even though a visit to the dentist has a bad reputation as an unpleasant experience, if you know the right kind of questions to ask, you can not only get the best out of your visit, but you can turn your visit into quite an interesting and informative experience as well. Every single patient has a unique set of teeth. Therefore, no amount of Google searches will give you information about your own dental issues the way your own dentist does. Following are some of the most important and interesting questions that you can ask during your visit to the dentist, along with general answers to them.
What special habits should I form in order to have better oral hygiene?
This is a quite popular question asked by patients. However, the important thing is that your own dentist will always give you an answer that is fully customized for the unique problematic areas that you have when it comes to dental hygiene. Following are some of the general answers that you may get.
– Take your time – at least 2 minutes – when you brush your teeth in the morning and before you go to bed.
– Use a mouthwash to rinse your mouth throughout the day, especially after your lunch and snacks. (It is essential to know that using mouthwash does not replace brushing and flossing).
– Use a fluoride toothpaste.
– Do not forget to floss every evening to clean out any food particles stuck in between your teeth.
Is it possible to improve the colour of my teeth?
Having a bright and glowing smile not only improves your confidence, but it also shows that you have great oral hygiene which is important. However, the natural teeth people have are not pure white. They tend to be an off white colour due to many reasons including genetics, consumption of various food and drinks and also habits like smoking or chewing tobacco. If you feel like your confidence will improve with whitened teeth, there are a few effective dental treatments that you can look into at the dental clinic near you.
The most basic procedure is called teeth bleaching, which should be done by a professional as not to damage any dental restorative procedures such as dental bridges and crowns. There are also take-home bleaching products that you can use that are provided by your dentist.
How often should I visit a dentist?
The answer to this question will change from one person to another depending on their personal oral health and any dental procedures that they may have done. For example, a person with a dental bridge, a crown or braces should see their dentist more often than someone with a good daily oral hygiene routine who has never had any dental procedures done. As a general rule, you should visit your dentist at least once every 6 months if you are healthy and have not had any procedures done.
How to find an experienced dentist near me?
– Get recommendations from your friends and family.
– Check online reviews on the best rated dental clinics in your area.
– Go to a dental clinic and check for any before and after cases of the patients they have treated.
– Check how long your dentist has been practicing.
– Check for any extra courses or other specialties your dentist has such as orthodontics or restorative dentistry.